For the month of June, I'll be donating all proceeds from my shop to the Attawapiskat Community Centre.
Fifth zine in my continuing series about explorations in Canada and northern turtle island. Each zine is printed, hand-bound with linen thread, and hand stamped by me.
Contents include my research and observations, with sections for:
- a sketch and personal diary entry of my exploration
- my colour photography photos
- my personal relationship to Etobicoke and the Woodbine Centre
- a critical reflection on local privatization
I also include a blank page, for you to write or draw your own thoughts in.
16 pages, 4 sheets + colour cover. Topics for #5: Woodbine Racetrack include:
- local private development and its effect on ecologies
- recent histories of human/horse relationships in Toronto
- the role of the spectacle
I am an anthropologist and media scholar with a bachelors from the University of Toronto. I use my own experience and observations from visiting each place, and I apply ideas and theories from people from all walks of life to consider the history and future of each place I visit. My hope with this ongoing project is to make interesting, easy to read historical accounts of our evolving world through personal experience - and inspire others to consider doing the same.
For more information on this project, check out my website: https://weirdgarbage.ca/